Sunday 9 March 2008

Solstiss/Bucol Meeting

The sponsorship I happened to receive from french lace (Solstiss) and silk (Bucol) companies has given me this incredible opportunity to use the most beautiful laces and silk fabrics I could have never seen in my life! I feel so grateful for that. So what happened was that they picked two students to sponsor with laces and fabrics in the beginning of fall semester. Each of us got to pick and order fabrics we want for our projects and had them delivered all the way from France. I got my laces and fabrics about a week before school started in January. And finally Ms. Sandrine Bernard from Solstiss/Bucol, who has helped me and the other girl with the whole sponsorship from the beginning, is coming to see our progress this Tuesday. Francesca, who organized the sponsorship, is going to be there, our Director Mr. Faerm will be there, and her studio methods instructor Mr. Cruz and my stduio methods instructor Kevin also will be there. I think the meeting will give Ms. Bernard some idea of whom to choose as a "winner" and send to the actual factories in France as a prize. I'm still working on a pant with lace, which is a part of my 5th look, to show at the meeting. I got so mad surging the edges of panels for the pants in Children's wear classroom yeseterday. Somebody messed up with tensions in the machine and the surging looked really bad. It drove me nuts because I couldn't fix it!! Anyhoo I've got to go attach the waistband now. Ciao.

No comments: