Sunday 23 March 2008

Spring Break's Over

So I worked my butt off during the break being at school everyday and continuing to work at home. My nose bled last night!! Thank God it didn't happen when I was sewing. In spite of my still ongoing insomnia I had to wake up early because of the spring break hours - 8am-6:45pm Mon through Thur, 8am-5:45pm Fri, 9am-5:45pm Sat and closed on Sunday!!! It was hard but I managed to nearly finish four pieces for my 5th and 6th looks. The only piece I haven't cut fabrics for is a jacket for the 6th look. So proud!! Though, I've been feeling bad about dropping the 7th look ever since I'd decided not to do it and I still think adding the look would compliment the whole collection. I'd only have to make a long coat if I were to add it because I'd moved the other pieces underneath the coat to other looks and I could just move them back to the original. I don't know if I should take the risk though because there's not much time left. There's a ruffle in the coat and I was not happy with how it looked in muslin and I don't know how long it'd take me to make it look good enough to be happy with it. Ahh It would have been really nice if we had one more week..just one more...

Ms. Peters finally finished the knit coat for me before break. We had to change some details while she was working on it, but it looks pretty close to my drawing. So yay!