Sunday 6 April 2008

Photo Shoot and More

Four of my classmates and I had a photo shoot with two professional photographers in their SoHo studio from 10am to 9pm. It was awesome that we got to choose types of hair and make-up our own. Since my inspiration is Beethoven, I wanted some messy but tamed hairdos and natural but severe make-up for my models. The hair and make-up looked great except that I wanted the bottom lashes to be fuller and more exaggerated. But everything worked out great! The models, photographers, hair stylist, make-up artist, studio, everything was amazing. We're going back tomorrow to pick up our CD's. The shoot looked great and I hope the photos are too. Everyone seemed exhausted after their shoot. I was tired and starving so I ran out to a restaurant as soon as I dropped my garments off. Now I'm full and feel all happy and ALIVE.

My room is looking like a garbage dump of a sample room. It's been this way for a while I think...I don't even remember since when it started to look like this...with patterns flying all over the place and pieces of fabrics and threads everywhere. Oh and PINS!! Like all other Koreans from Korea, I take my shoes off in the house and from time to time I get a pin stuck in my foot. It didn't happen so often but it did several times. Poking in the finger is nothing now. My feet and especially fingers are so damaged since Thesis. I've also had a few minor iron burns because I get retarded when it comes to ironing. Anyways back to the mess story, it's been annoying that I can't find anything right away and that there's really no room on the floor for me to walk in and out the room. I've been wanting so much to clean this mess and I'm so happy that I have time to clean now! I can't believe I'm not even tired anymore. I barely slept the past two days finishing up things for the photo shoot. I still have so many other things to take care of. I'm going to get my labels done tomorrow. I don't know if I should get hang tags though...I need to get some documents ready for OPT before April 25th, which offers another year to stay in the states and gives foreign students a chance to get a job. I also have to file my tax return by April 15th because I had a paid internship with the Gap during last summer. I want to get a haircut this week too. Looking at the models today made me kind of sad that I don't want to look at myself in the mirror. haha

I'm so proud of myself to get things this far, though I have some small things to do like putting hooks & eyes and closing lining by hand...and working on the line sheet. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thank God!

No comments: