Thursday 24 April 2008

Final Fittings for Show

Maybe I'm biased, but the show's going to be amazing this year and actually better than last year's. Or I'd like to think that. From childrenswear to menswear, to womenswear, and to eveningwear, there's so much of freshness and creativity. Watching almost all the presentations made me feel so proud to be a part of this school.

We had final fittings on Tuesday and today. It was fun working with models with different looks and personalities. I had this one model who was too big for my clothes and made any of my clothes look really bad though. I tried every look on her and was really unhappy with any of them. They happen to have another model available, who I haven't seen yet and will see on Monday. They say that she's so skinny that she looks like she hasn't eaten, but I believe she couldn't be worse than the other one. I hope I like her.

This is going to be my very first show ever and it dazzles me looking back where I started researching and sketching. I'm a fashion designer!! There had been moments that I was weak and had doubt, but I learned to be more patient and to believe in myself. I learned more about life, people, and myself through school and it's been an incredible year. I've been waiting for this time, for graduation, but saying good-bye is always hard for me. I'll miss my classmates, teachers, classrooms, and everything about Parsons. Anyhoo I'm looking forward to our senior show. It's going to be AWESOME.

No comments: